Blocking someone on Facebook or Messenger can be useful for managing your online connections. However, there may come a time when you want to reconnect with someone you’ve previously blocked.
In this blog post, we will provide a step-by-step guide on unblocking someone on both Facebook and Messenger platforms. Restoring the ability to communicate with blocked individuals can help rebuild relationships and foster healthier online interactions.
Step 1: Unblock Someone on Facebook
To unblock someone on Facebook, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Facebook account using your email/phone number and password.
- In the top-right corner of the Facebook page, click on the downward-facing arrow to open the drop-down menu.
- Select “Settings & Privacy” from the drop-down menu and then choose “Settings.”
- On the left sidebar, click on “Blocking.”
- In the “Block users” section, you’ll find a list of the people you have blocked.
- Locate the person you want to unblock and click the “Unblock” button next to their name.
- A pop-up window will appear, asking for confirmation. Click on “Unblock” again to confirm your decision.
- The person will now be unblocked; you can see their profile and posts and interact with them on Facebook.
Step 2: Unblock Someone on Messenger
Unblocking someone on Messenger allows you to resume communication with the previously blocked individual. Follow these steps to unblock someone on Messenger:
- Open the Messenger app on your mobile device or visit the Messenger website on your computer.
- Log in to your Messenger account using your Facebook credentials, if required.
- Tap on the profile or person-shaped icon in the bottom right corner to open your chat list.
- Scroll through the chat list or use the search bar at the top to locate the conversation with the person you want to unblock.
- Tap on the conversation to open it.
- In the conversation window, tap the person’s name at the top to open their profile.
- On the profile page, tap the “Info” icon (i) in the top right corner.
- Scroll down and tap on “Unblock on Messenger.”
- A confirmation pop-up will appear. Tap on “Unblock” to confirm your decision.
The person will now be unblocked on Messenger, and you can send and receive messages from them.
Blocking someone on Facebook or Messenger can be necessary to manage your online interactions. However, there may be instances when you want to unblock someone and reconnect with them.
Following the step-by-step guide outlined in this blog post, you can easily unblock someone on Facebook and Messenger. Remember, unblocking someone allows them to see your profile, posts, and communicate with you again, so ensure you’re comfortable reestablishing the connection.
Foster healthy communication and rebuild relationships on Facebook and Messenger by unblocking individuals when right.